Single Photon Avalanche Diodes (SPAD)
The PDM series photon counting detector modules are all solid-state instruments. They have a photon detection efficiency of 49% at 550nm and generate a TTL output pulse per detected photon. With fast-timing option (additional circuit board installed) they provide better than 50ps FWHM photon timing resolution.
The excellent photon detection efficiency and superior timing resolution is obtained through the use of epitaxial silicon Single Photon Avalanche Diodes (SPAD) and patented integrated Active Quenching Circuits (iAQC), specifically designed and optimized for photon counting applications. Low-noise SPADs and low-power iAQCs make these modules ideal for portable equipment and all applications requiring low power consumption.
Versions with optical Fiber Receptacle (PDF) to couple to all SingleMode and MultiMode fibers, up to 105um are available.
- 20, 50 and 100 micron diameter active sensing options
- Free space and fibre coupled options
- Timing resolution lower than 50 ps FWHM (option)
- Detection efficiency up to 50% @ 550nm
- Uniform performance all over the active sensing area
- Peltier cooled