HORIBA’s leading Raman technology is now integrated with AIST-NT’s scanning probe microscopy (SPM). The NanoRamanTM platform integrates Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) that can provide physical sample information on the nanometer scale, including topography, hardness, adhesion, friction, surface potential, electrical and thermal conductivity, temperature and piezo response (among many others), near-field optical techniques (SNOM or NSOM), Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM), tuning fork techniques (Shear-force and Normal-force imaging modes), electrochemistry, all together with the chemical information obtained from Raman spectroscopy. The end result is a more comprehensive sample characterization in one versatile instrument, for fast simultaneous co-localized measurements and Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (TERS)..
TERS brings you the best of both worlds: the chemical specificity of Raman spectroscopy with imaging at spatial resolution typically down to 10nm.
- Infrared AFM diode at 1300 nm: no optical interference with the spectroscopy detection
- Au and Ag TERS probes commercially available
- Guaranteed TERS imaging specifications
- Optical access with high NA objective lens (0.7) from both top and side
- Simple tip exchange; fully automated alignment and tuning: no knobs to adjust to align the AFM laser
- High resonance- frequency scanner for high speed imaging and low sensitivity to acoustic vibrations
- Short pathlength and closed loop objective scanner laser alignment: brings higher throughput and outstanding longterm stability, critical for TERS imaging