The new generation of microscopic thin film, surface and materials metrology tool uses a combination of auto nulling ellipsometry and microscopy to enable surface characterization with lateral resolution as small as 1 micron. This enables resolving sample areas 1000 times smaller than most non-imaging ellipsometers, even if they use micro spot spectroscopic option.
The nanofilm_ep4 uses a variety of unique features that allow the visualization of your surface in real time. You will see the structure of your sample on a microscopic scale and measure parameters like thickness, refractive index and absorption. 3D profile maps of selected areas can be recorded. Instrument combinations with other technologies like AFM, QCM-D, reflectometry, Raman spectroscopy, etc. are possible to receive even more information from your samples.
- Direct sample visualisation with an ellipsometric contrast image with a lateral resolution as small as 1 micron
- Imaging ellipsometry in the wavelength range 250 – 1700 nm
- High range of accessories to cope with a variety of applications (solid/liquid cells, light guide for liquid/liquid interfaces, microfluidic, temperature control, electrochemistry and more)
- Parallel measurement of multiple areas within the selected field of view
- Knife edge illumination avoids background reflection and allows measurements on thin transparent substrates